Saturday, August 25, 2007

Curry and Spice and everything Nice!

Despite waking at 5am and going to work at 7am I have had a nice day - I was fed a beautiful home cooked curry tonight which was made by the husband of Patty's daughter ( whom we are staying with ). he is from Bangladesh and he makes a mean beef curry. I got a few tips on spices and things that he uses and we had a long discussion about cooking. I was shown how to do lentils and split peas in the old Bangladeshi style and it was way cool.
I also ventured out tonight, just up the road for a walk and some alone time.
Low and behold I am surrounded by Indian takaways and grocery stores. I walked into one to find not one thing on the shelves labelled in English...it was like I was overseas!!!

There was a shelf out the back with the most aromatic fresh spices I had ever smelt and I told the proprietor that I would be back for some supplies next week.

There is not much to do at Whiley Park, which is the suburb where I am staying.
About 6 shops make up the main drag - if you blink you will miss them, but it was nice to be out and away from everyone else.

I do enjoy some private time and this has been quite a stretch, being in company continually...I guess that is why I am so stressed during Calendar Club...sometimes I just want to be ALONE!!!!!!

So yes, I am tired but my belly is full of curry and roti, my hot water bottle is full and tomorrow I get to sleep in as we dont start till 10am.

Yay!!!!!

6 comments:

~*Rylah*~ said...

Excellent, grouse, fabbo, schmick, wonderful, lucky news about hubby's psa levels - go guys!

Glad you are eating and managing to get alone time - that is so important!

Come hoe-me sooooooooooooooon!!!!!

Jac xXx

Unknown said...

the food sounds divine but nothing else does, so come hoe-me, but buy the spices first.....

The Tall Red Head said...

Curry. Yummy for my tummy.

And you really should go hoe-me, they starting to lose the plot up there...

~*Rylah*~ said...

BTW, what is roti? Doesn't sound so good...

The Tall Red Head said...

Roti is what makes you go potty.


Sorry.......

~*Rylah*~ said...

Hmmmm, doesn't sound too good at ALL...

:)