Tuesday, November 03, 2009

What a difference in the weather!

Yesterday was a scorcher wasnt it and this morning is so much more managable.
I wasnt ready for such a heat wave and it was very uncomfortable last night - the man slept downstairs on the couch with the air con on.
I can sleep through anything, so it didnt bother me too much, but I think we might be heading into a very hot summer...
Today I hit Kotara to put in some job applications to get some work for the Chrissy season as it appears that I will not have anymore of my "other stuff" this year.
Tomorrow I might hazard a trip into the wilderness of Charlestown Square.
Some other things have fallen through so I am in the market for earning a few extra dollars before the end of the year - there are things I need to buy!!!
I remember speaking to Artyfarty on Monday night and she mentioned her inability to make plans as they always seem to fall through and feeling that she is in a holding pattern waiting for the universe to throw her in the direction she needs to go in...I know that feeling well...and I had exactly the same conversation with my art teacher last night.
Seems that there are many of us that dont really know what we should be doing in life...it can be very frustrating when you feel that you are not getting the most out of every day.
Some people seem to be quite happy with their lot in life....as uncomplicated as it may seem to be to others.
I often think it is all about temperament and the more creative you are the more frustrated you can become when you are not being creative...
it is so hard to get a happy medium though, seems like there always has to be a spanner in the works. You may get your work life into shape but then your love life suffers, or you are always struggling with money but you are able to express yourself through writing or art or dancing etc..

5 comments:

Unknown said...

its all about balance- i fight my own demons and yet find that i am near to 95% happy with my lot in life- it doesn't mean its easy or uncomplicated, just that the negative is always balanced with something positive OR the negetive leads me to something positive.

My Key...........
if its hard or there is resistance, don't do it- lack of ease is the universal indicator of what we should or should not be doing- and going with the flow, not fighting, that helps too.

Lisa xx

Jewell said...

i know what you mean re holding pattern...think i'm in one too

Anonymous said...

Its just plain old life. Thats the journey the search for who you are and what you can contribute along the way. Its trying everything different and trying to be different and hopefully there are periods of content but then you outgrow that and continue on the search. You are fine Renata you are doing what you are meant to be doing. Your artwork is inspiring

Wendy said...

Hmmm, some really insightful reflections there.

Sending good wishes for your job hunting.

BTW, I would pay to go on a ghost tour that you were the guide on ☺

wykd wytch said...

I am honoured by your trust Wendy..thanks..might take you up on that next year.w.w.