Friday, October 03, 2008

It's Saturday!


I am heading to Pokolbin today to do some readings at a private party.
Good money pickup, so I am grateful for the booking.
I will enjoy myself..for sure!

Those pesky calendars never turned up yesterday...which means that now I will have to wait till Tuesday to start and the man will be back at work, so much of the heavy lifting will have to be done by me and the mother in law who will be helpingout as she always does.

The company has really done the dirty on my friend who is handling Kotara this year. They are making her work her stand and also do the "Borders" calendars which starts in November. This is a lot of extra work for very little money as she will have to employ full time staff leaving little margin for earning money from commissions.
Why should this worry me - it doesn't as such, I just feel sorry for her being put into a situation where she had no choice but to take on both sites, or do none - and that the company is happy to force issues onto us, but when it comes to granting us a favour in return ( like the booksales ) they will not come to the party.

So two sided.

That's how it is, and I guess I will try and offer my friend as much support as I can cause I know she would do the same for me.

Less than a week to my birthday bash....have you got your wings yet?

4 comments:

Jewell said...

yes i brought them today!!!

Unknown said...

am wearing Prues!!!

Anonymous said...

this sort of work takes us back a 100 years .. why do it ???

Jen said...

i cant come... sob sniff

whaaaaaaaaaaaa

i will be away on holidays